[KI-LC] Request for web or Survey Monkey pledge-type page to solicit interest in a blockchain-related WG

Colin Wallis colin at kantarainitiative.org
Tue Nov 7 23:05:55 UTC 2017

Thanks Patrick..

I think I'm still following you .. from ISO TC 307, to a UK showcase on BC
and DLT, to Kantara's Conformance Assessment criteria..
Whew, that is a broad track!
Today, none of those 3 things inter-relate in Kantara in relation to BC and
DLT, but they do in Identity Assurance, and soon in Data Privacy.

The organization takes the direction that its members, sponsors and
supporters want it to go. Kantara is the sum of its members parts,
strategies and goals.

If the Blockchain Smart Contracts WG does get formed, has a scope for work
products that, with directed funds, could be showcased in the UK next May,
all well and good. Thank you for giving us the heads up.

The conformance assessment criteria are going pretty well thanks... we are
most of the way through developing those of 800-63-3 at AAL2 and IAL2
because that's what our members wanted first. The Kantara Identity
Assurance Framework is better known in the US than in Europe for sure. But
we are making headway on raising awareness with the limited resources we
have at our disposal.

Thanks for dropping by.

Kind regards

Colin