[KI-LC] Request for web or Survey Monkey pledge-type page to solicit interest in a blockchain-related WG

Eve Maler eve.maler at forgerock.com
Mon Nov 6 19:40:07 UTC 2017

Thomas and I have been helping Bob Olsen with his press release announcing
the availability of the Blockchain and Smart Contracts Discussion Group
Report, and soliciting interest in a follow-on WG, as the DG recommended
forming. Since we can't direct people to an already-forming WG, I suggested
gathering feedback and interest in survey form. Colin said creation of such
a thing should be supported by the LC. I'm guessing "supported" means
materially, with resources? -- or managed? Is my assumption correct? Would
KI staff jump in with this?

Right now such a page is on the critical path to publication of the release.

Here are some elements I thought would ideally be present in a survey:

   - Name
   - Affiliation (optional?)
   - Proposal for scope of the WG (it would be a good idea to show them
   what the scope of the DG was, for comparison)
   - Proposal for deliverable(s) of the WG
   - Expressions of interest to serve in a leadership role
   - Maybe a free-comment field for other stuff?

By the way, I put Thomas in touch with some others who are concretely
interested in such a group, and they've been discussing the topic off and
on...

Thanks in advance!

*Eve Maler*ForgeRock Office of the CTO | VP Innovation & Emerging Technology