[KI-LC] GDPR and Kantara approach question

Allan Foster allan.foster at forgerock.com
Wed Mar 1 03:04:53 CST 2017

So in theory,  I am kinda agnostic about the WG.  however,  this brings
up an interesting chicken and egg issue.

Surely we should be looking at specific work products that we should
work on,  and then try and find them a home?  I have a gut feeling that
much of GDPR is going to find homes in several of our workgroups.  For
example  privacy,  and consent receipts already are being addressed....
Federation Interop might actually have some valid input as well...

I suggest we work on what work items we want to do,  and THEN find them
a home?

Allan

On 2/28/17 4:30 PM, Colin Wallis wrote:
> Good discussion.
>
> I like the cadence (Jeeez I'm starting to hate that term) of toolkits
> because UMA has used that approach successfully, and leveraging
> successful things typically results in more success.
>
> I would have thought a time-bound DG is appropriate, else you risk
> breaking your own rules Mr Hughes..:-).
>
> Cheers
>
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 11:53 PM, Andrew Hughes
> <andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com <mailto:andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     OK - that would be interesting
>
>     I'm also wondering if any of our members are doing work related to
>     GDPR and could use some Kantara tools to help - sample text, some
>     of the lists and categories coming soon from consent receipt,
>     hmmmm...
>
>     On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 3:49 PM Salvatore D'Agostino
>     <sal at idmachines.com <mailto:sal at idmachines.com>> wrote:
>
>         So how about a contribution from each of the DGs, WGs on a
>         single aspect of their effort for sharing in a toolkit.  I we
>         need to have the groups contribute and be directly involved or
>         you cross wires.  Challenge is bandwidth per usual.
>
>         So for IRM it might be a GDPR use case as a way to exercise a
>         relationship manager effort in the next phase of work.
>
>         *From:*lc-bounces at kantarainitiative.org
>         <mailto:lc-bounces at kantarainitiative.org>

Simplify Email: Email Charter <http://emailcharter.org/>

ForgeRock Logo 	*Allan Foster - Forge Rock *
/Vice President Global Partner Enablement/
*Location:* Vancouver, WA, US
*p:* +1.360.229.7102
*email:* allan.foster at forgerock.com <mailto:allan.foster at forgerock.com>
*www:* www.forgerock.com <http://www.forgerock.com/>