[KI-LC] Fwd: 11th meeting of FIM4R in Montreal Canada - 18/19 Sep 2017 (just before the 10th RDA plenary meeting)

Andrew Hughes andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 10:29:38 CDT 2017

For those who might be interested...

*Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP
Independent Consultant

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <david.kelsey at stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 8:26 AM
Subject: 11th meeting of FIM4R in Montreal Canada - 18/19 Sep 2017 (just
before the 10th RDA plenary meeting)
To: federatedIdentity-members at cern.ch

Dear FIM4R colleagues,

Next meeting of the Federated Identity Management for Research (FIM4R)
group - Montreal, Canada - 18/19 September 2017
----------------------------------

We are happy to announce that the 11th face to face meeting of the FIM4R
activity will be held in Montreal, Canada on Monday and Tuesday 18th and
19th September, 2017. This is deliberately co-located with the 10th plenary
meeting of RDA (the Research Data Alliance).

  https://www.rd-alliance.org/plenaries/rda-tenth-plenary-
meeting-montr%C3%A9al-canada

The Physics Department of McGill University has very kindly agreed to host
the meeting; McGill is located very near to the RDA meeting location.

The agenda of the two day meeting is not yet fully defined, but we hope
that by hosting a meeting in North America we will attract several new
research communities who have not yet been involved in FIM4R activities. We
will invite such communities to present their current use of federated
identity management and/or their future requirements. The meeting is also
likely to include presentations from the Canadian and USA identity
federations and other FIM experts. The EU AARC2 project will also present
its current status and future plans. We will continue the work towards a
version 2 of the FIM4R paper with the gathering of updated requirements
from the previous research communities and also from those communities who
were not previously involved. European members of the FIM4R group will also
therefore be very welcome and indeed are encouraged to attend and present
updates on their activities. The workshop will also give an opportunity to
review the on-going challenges research communities face when adopting FIM
technologies and to share experiences.

Fuller details will be available later, including a meeting registration
system. There will be no registration fee for this meeting and attendees
should plan on attending for two full days, starting on the Monday morning
(arrival on or before Sunday evening is advised).  Please put this event in
your diary and start to make your travel plans!

For information the agenda and material from the last FIM4R meeting
(Vienna, Feb 2017) may be found at:
https://indico.cern.ch/event/605369/

We look forward to seeing you in Montreal.

David Kelsey
(On behalf of the 11th FIM4R "yet-to-be-fully-formed" programme committee)

Dr David Kelsey
Particle Physics Department
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Chilton, DIDCOT, OX11 0QX, UK