[KI-LC] PDEC's Committees/Kantara WG cross members?

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Thu Feb 9 17:18:27 CST 2017

I'm not in favor of doing glossary/lexicon work without a specific context
and rationale. This is because you have to know why you are using the terms
in order to define the ones you want. As all lawyers know, you can use
"red" to mean "blue", as long as you define it up front and use it
consistently. :-) The entire ID Commons community was originally premised
on developing an identity lexicon; if it's not done now, if never will be.

(That said, the Canadian trust framework glossary is one of the finer
efforts I've seen to define terms pithily an include/point to other
relevant and adjacent terms as a good reference on whatever each subject
is. But it still takes place in a specific context, with a specific point
of view.)

</end_rant>

Oh, that's not what you were asking about?... :-)

*Eve Maler*Cell +1 425.345.6756 | Skype: xmlgrrl | Twitter: @xmlgrrl