[KI-LC] Another doc authoring tool question

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Wed Sep 14 11:25:48 CDT 2016

DocBook (or DITA, which it seems is more popular for tech doc these days)
is an XML format and requires XML editing. What editing environment are you
thinking of? XMLmind is probably one of the very few reasonable choices
(it's what I use for editing xml2rfc), but it's still not for the faint of
heart, and it's not free if you want even a minimally "styled" interface:

http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/

Their screenshot of a styled view of a DocBook document:

http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/screenshots/styled_view.png

My old cross-stitched saying about DocBook: :-)

http://www.snee.com/xml/xml2004art/pages/07-docbook-pearl-2.htm

*Eve Maler*Cell +1 425.345.6756 | Skype: xmlgrrl | Twitter: @xmlgrrl