[KI-LC] Another doc authoring tool question

John Wunderlich john at wunderlich.ca
Wed Sep 14 10:54:59 CDT 2016

I'd be more concerned with a clear articulation of an authoring,
collaboration and publishing workflow and nailing down the tools for each
stage and the transitions between stages. If that's clear, I'm willing to
learn the tools and processes for the stages that I will engage in.

The problem for me would be a lack of clarity or direction so that at any
stage in workflow I don't know what tool (or tools) I should be using.

Sincerely,
John Wunderlich
@PrivacyCDN <https://twitter.com/PrivacyCDN>

Call: +1 (647) 669-4749
eMail: john at wunderlich.ca

On 14 September 2016 at 09:08, Andrew Hughes <andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi LC - another question about tools and document formats and markup
> languages...
>
> DocBook
> LaTeX
>
> Do either of those tools/formats strike terror in you? If so, please let
> me know.
>
> I'm just exploring options in the space, so don't panic yet.
>
> If you haven't guessed, I'm thinking of better ways to store, maintain and
> publish the Kantara ID Assurance Framework documents. These include the
> Service Assessment Criteria - a highly structured set of criteria that have
> many internal and external cross linkages. Also includes 'normal'
> explanatory documents. Also includes normative narrative documents - policy
> documents if you like.
>
> My early thought is to use DocBook (an OASIS standard) to maintain the
> canonical master versions. A variety of output formats would be available:
> .docx, .pdf, .xlsx (for some), .html
>
> A markdown-flavour rendering of the master document would be posted to a
> github project for ongoing issue tracking and community input.
>
> Am I crazy for looking at this tool chain?
>
> *Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP
> Independent Consultant
>
> o  +1 650.209.7542
> m +1 250.888.9474
> 1249 Palmer Road,
> Victoria, BC V8P 2H8
> AndrewHughes3000 at gmail.com
> *Identity Management | IT Governance | Information Security *

prohibited.