[KI-LC] Another doc authoring tool question

Andrew Hughes andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 08:08:52 CDT 2016

Hi LC - another question about tools and document formats and markup
languages...

DocBook
LaTeX

Do either of those tools/formats strike terror in you? If so, please let me
know.

I'm just exploring options in the space, so don't panic yet.

If you haven't guessed, I'm thinking of better ways to store, maintain and
publish the Kantara ID Assurance Framework documents. These include the
Service Assessment Criteria - a highly structured set of criteria that have
many internal and external cross linkages. Also includes 'normal'
explanatory documents. Also includes normative narrative documents - policy
documents if you like.

My early thought is to use DocBook (an OASIS standard) to maintain the
canonical master versions. A variety of output formats would be available:
.docx, .pdf, .xlsx (for some), .html

A markdown-flavour rendering of the master document would be posted to a
github project for ongoing issue tracking and community input.

Am I crazy for looking at this tool chain?

*Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP
Independent Consultant

o  +1 650.209.7542
m +1 250.888.9474