[KI-LC] Any opinions? Markdown vs AsciiDoc ?

John Wunderlich john at wunderlich.ca
Mon Sep 12 12:59:05 CDT 2016

Markdown gets my vote for flexibility and availability of tools.

Markdown itself is standardised, just not by an SDO

Gruber's original https://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/
Fletcher Penny's MultiMarkdown: http://fletcherpenney.net/multimarkdown/

There are editors galore for Markdown, I use Sublime Text, which runs on
Mac and Windoze, includes many syntax highlighters (including markdown and
multimarkdown)

Sincerely,
John Wunderlich
@PrivacyCDN <https://twitter.com/PrivacyCDN>

Call: +1 (647) 669-4749
eMail: john at wunderlich.ca

On 12 September 2016 at 13:52, Andrew Hughes <andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi folks - does anyone have opinions on the merits of Markdown versus
> AsciiDoc?
>
> From what i'm reading, markdown is more widely used, but it lacks a
> standard and is not extensible - so there are issues with tool
> compatibility between flavours.
>
> AsciiDoc is less popular but supports the ability to extend to create new
> tags/labels and has good output format tools.
>
> Also, if you want to follow along as I collect up opinions and reviews,
> take a look at
>
> https://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/LC/Markup+
> language+notes+and+comparisons
>

> thanks
> andrew.
>

> thanks
> andrew.
>
> *Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP
> Independent Consultant
>
> o  +1 650.209.7542
> m +1 250.888.9474
> 1249 Palmer Road,
> Victoria, BC V8P 2H8
> AndrewHughes3000 at gmail.com
> *Identity Management | IT Governance | Information Security *

prohibited.