[KI-LC] Blockchain Identity and Scottish Independence

Colin Wallis colin at kantarainitiative.org
Tue Jul 26 07:03:50 CDT 2016

Thanks both

Indeed very interesting.
Personally I could argue some points raised in the paper, but that takes
nothing away from the potential value that could be added to this effort by
further developing it at Kantara.
At the risk of stating the obvious, the LC needs to be mindful of the
development, extent and ferocity of politicization, as that has the
potential to set off a string of adverse consequences.
With all of that said, I look forward to the outcome of the LC's
consideration of this proposal from Neil.

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Neil McEvoy <neil.mcevoy at cbpn.io> wrote:

> Hi Andrew
>
> Agreed all round. I'm entirely happy for the output to be Kantara assets
> and to use your collaboration tools to produce them.
>
> What I would like to do is include a synopsis in one of my reports, which
> also identifies the target audience and goals, which is this 'Digital
> Scotland' paper:
>
> http://scotvote.info/reports/digital-scotland/
>
> You'll see I start to set the scene for developments such as a national
> Bitcoin currency as a foundation for economic growth. Ideally our Kantara
> resources would provide the blueprint for how to do so, and would be too
> detailed to include here, so an overview that then leads to engagement here
> for those working at the technical level would seem a good model.
>
> Once complete I plan to submit this to the Scottish Government, to
> encourage their adoption. The primary challenge I see is they may be too
> slow to act, and also the general trends of the technology point to
> de-centralized, citizen-owned data and services, hence why I'd also like to
> promote it directly to citizens too, with a How To guide for setting up
> your own digital identity et al.
>
> Kind regards, Neil.
>
> ---
> Neil McEvoy
> Founder and CEO
> Cloudbestpractices.net
> neil at cbpn.io
> +1 (315) 636-4585
>
> On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 6:16 PM, Andrew Hughes <andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Neil - both ideas sound very interesting!
>>
>> I think we need to update and re-approve the charter for the group - it's
>> been quite a length of time since the original writing - a good opportunity
>> to bring it up to current.
>>
>> One new aspect is that I'm asking every DG/WG to explicitly identify a
>> Kantara Report or Recommendation that their group is working to develop.
>> Among other things, Kantara offers a simple trade in return for open
>> hosting of DG/WG forums: Kantara asks the groups to publish under the
>> Kantara brand to increase value for the community. Kantara has a very
>> flexible set of rules, and can accommodate most requests for publishing
>> arrangements.
>>
>> So: please bring the great ideas! Blockchain ID and i-Voting are very
>> interesting and have lots of space for innovation - exactly what Kantara
>> seeks to support and give an incubation home to.
>>
>> andrew.
>>
>> *Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP
>> Independent Consultant
>> *In Turn Information Management Consulting*
>>
>> o  +1 650.209.7542
>> m +1 250.888.9474
>> 1249 Palmer Road,
>> Victoria, BC V8P 2H8
>> AndrewHughes3000 at gmail.com
>> ca.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-hughes/a/58/682/
>> *Identity Management | IT Governance | Information Security *
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 6:30 AM, Neil McEvoy <neil.mcevoy at cbpn.io> wrote:

> [...]

Executive Director
Kantara Initiative Inc. <https://kantarainitiative.org/>
Have you signed the pledge?