[KI-LC] Blockchain Identity and Scottish Independence

Neil McEvoy neil.mcevoy at cbpn.io
Tue Jul 26 05:19:49 CDT 2016

Hi Andrew

Agreed all round. I'm entirely happy for the output to be Kantara assets
and to use your collaboration tools to produce them.

What I would like to do is include a synopsis in one of my reports, which
also identifies the target audience and goals, which is this 'Digital
Scotland' paper:

http://scotvote.info/reports/digital-scotland/

You'll see I start to set the scene for developments such as a national
Bitcoin currency as a foundation for economic growth. Ideally our Kantara
resources would provide the blueprint for how to do so, and would be too
detailed to include here, so an overview that then leads to engagement here
for those working at the technical level would seem a good model.

Once complete I plan to submit this to the Scottish Government, to
encourage their adoption. The primary challenge I see is they may be too
slow to act, and also the general trends of the technology point to
de-centralized, citizen-owned data and services, hence why I'd also like to
promote it directly to citizens too, with a How To guide for setting up
your own digital identity et al.

Kind regards, Neil.

---
Neil McEvoy