[KI-LC] IPR/Non assert covernant: Report back on call with JBC

Colin Wallis colin_wallis at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 25 23:39:06 CST 2016

FolksJust a heads up on this action item, before the LC call on Wednesday.
I had a good call with Jamie on this.He walked me through some background..He's observing that the non assert covernant is becoming the most popular option in OASIS nowadays..There are some hidden 'gotchas' when stuff is pre-complete.But overall, he agrees with us that it's an option to work on. He observes that Kantara doesn't spell out exactly how this situation would work in practice in the case of withdrawalhttps://kantarainitiative.org/about/ipr/ then https://kantarainitiative.org/rand-terms/He observes that the GPA doesn't fully address the issue.There is a means by which he could help professionally... :-).Cheers!Colin