[KI-LC] Preview of New GPA Signup Page w/ Consent Receipt

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Wed Jan 20 13:29:16 CST 2016

Great! Some comments:

Since there are still IPR policies choices, the dropdown listing of WGs
should list the relevant policy name along with WG, and elsewhere in the
form there should be links (that open new tabs) to the IPR policies. I
think the current consent environment is insufficient because we haven't
said what the specific policy is that they're agreeing to directly in the
form.

Where it asks to fill in company/affiliation, there should be instructions
on what to fill in if you're an individual (or whatever other wording we
expect). Maybe we should also link off to a longer explanation.

I often get questions about "what does it cost to participate?" etc. If we
have a FAQ about this, or want to provide whatever other explanation of
this point, maybe that's an occasion for another link away (again opening a
tab).

Traditionally, thought everyone hates them :-), asterisks are used to
denote required fields.

All the links that are currently in there now (assuming they remain after
any edits) should open in a new tab).

Do we need to explain, what the deal is with the consent receipt on the
post-Submit page? Putting something in a box, with links to the CIS WG page
(assuming that's not the group they just joined, or maybe even if so),
might be really nice. And a download button along with just displaying it
would also be cool -- along with an offer to get the WordPress plugin!

*Eve Maler*Cell +1 425.345.6756 | Skype: xmlgrrl | Twitter: @xmlgrrl