[KI-LC] Draft DG Charter for Kantara Events

Colin Wallis colin_wallis at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 17 12:51:14 CST 2016

Good thoughts as always Ken
Many thanks.

Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 07:05:32 -0500
Subject: Re: [KI-LC] Draft DG Charter for Kantara Events
From: kendaggtbs at gmail.com
To: colin_wallis at hotmail.com
CC: lc at kantarainitiative.org

Colin,
I would suggest that the name of the DG be Kantara Events (KEDG).While most of the events will be industry sponsored events there will be some non industry events that this DG could be involved in planning.
I liked the inclusion of out-reach and industry engagement in addition to the participation angle. However, I do not find that there is a real statement of what the DG will be doing. How about the following:This DG conducts, as part of Kantara’s out-reach and industry engagement strategy, the customized planning and collaboration required to harmonize Kantara's participation with the theme and jurisdiction of a conference, workshop and similar events being conducted anywhere in the world. This DG will provide a focal point where events can be discussed and planned and will store any artefacts produced by and on behalf of its member contributors both for future use and historical memory.My two cents,Ken