[KI-LC] [Kantara - Community] Of Possible Interest: IEEE-ISTO Member Only Webinar - Ecosystem IP Management for Market Collaborations

Joni Brennan joni at kantarainitiative.org
Thu Sep 24 15:53:52 CDT 2015

Greetings Colin,

Thanks for the question.  I think the webinar is informative, but likely
not to solve our open item around moving IP around from policy to policy.
I'll be presenting for Kantara to explain how our IP model works and how it
helps to encourage collaborations.  MIPI, another program of the ISTO, will
also be presenting.  They run the more traditional model where one MUST
join to gain access to IP.  We're at ends of the spectrum.

For the LC issue I might suggest we schedule a special call to focus on
that issue alone and be sure to have Board reps like Robin Wilton and Allan
Foster join where we can brainstorm in real time.  Perhaps there are a few
reps in LC who are more eager, like the leadership etc and we could run an
ad-hoc to develop some proposals.

That's my suggestion, for consideration, on the way forward to solve this
item.

Best,
- Joni

Best Regards,

Joni Brennan
Kantara Initiative | Executive Director
email: joni @ kantarainitiative.org

Connecting Identity for a more trustworthy Internet - Overview
<http://www.slideshare.net/kantarainitiative/kantara-overview2014-37969351>