[KI-LC] Reference: EU Digital Single Market

Patrick Curry patrick.curry at clarionidentity.com
Wed May 13 15:44:39 CDT 2015

Lovely idea, but member states have strong views and very different situations.  And the Euro is under a lot of strain as we watch the Greek situation worsen.  For those not aware, there are really only two outcomes:  Greek exit and financial collapse unless/until others finance Greece, potentially including Russia or China or the markets - or different EU banks (particularly German) take the hit; or, the EU (Germany in particular) breaks EU rules and funds Greece to stay in, which would create a precedent for Spain, Italy and Portugal to claim similar help.

Is there a role for trust and IDM under this situation?  Yes, a lot.  But the devil is in the detail and there is lot of it.  I suggest you watch the ETSI Security Week end of June, that where the EU & international cyber discussions, including identity, are happening.

Happy to discuss anytime.

regards,

Patrick

Patrick Curry