[KI-LC] Document Formatting Tools: Markdown / YAML ?

Mike Schwartz mike at gluu.org
Thu Jul 2 13:37:35 CDT 2015

Kantara,

It may be worth considering markdown. Here at Gluu, we've been using
mkdocs, http://mkdocs.org which leverages markdown. Mkdocs provides a
YAML file which provides a place to enter the metadata about the
documents--how they relate, how to display the navigation.

Perhaps the YAML file could be used to capture other information about
the document. So not an easy answer either (also requires work), but
perhaps we use markdwon as the raw format, but a layer on top (YAML) to
provide the extra information needed to render the document?

thx,

Mike