[KI-LC] Urgent: Workshop Concept Kantara + LMP Fwd: European Identity & Cloud Conference 2016

Ken Dagg kendaggtbs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 21:29:27 CST 2015

Colin,

I like the proposed write up as it gives potential Kantara presenters
enough room to fit a lot of topics under its umbrella.

I have a challenge with the title "Connnected Life - to - Industry 4.0: How
to bridge the gap" however. From my brief read to understand the two terms
I don't see a gap between them - they seem to be different perspectives of
the same basic view. The Connect Life view seems to be more consumer based
while the Industy 4.0 view seems to be more industry based. Given my
understanding I would suggest the title: Towards Connected Life and
Industry 4.0: How to Bridge the Gap.

In addition I would also like to propose a few minor wordsmithing changes:

Identity is a critical component of Industry 4.0 and Connected Life digital
transformation. This workshop comprises interesting sessions that explore
the evolution of how our interpersonal lives weave through industry.  The
innovation and adoption of IoT technologies is changing the world as we
know it providing vast potential for economic growth and social prosperity.
But the risk vector is significant. Mitigating those risks will help to
ensure the realization of the broadest positive impacts for social,
corporate, national and global prosperity. Come and hear about activities
at the Kantara Initiative and others, working to reduce the challenges and
leverage these opportunities.  In this workshop, we will discuss both
policy and protocol implications, especially data protection, access
management, and privacy controls. Specific topics include privacy best
practices for IoT, the influence of blockchain on identity, and Kantara's
approach to OAuth for identity federation at scale via its OTTO Working
Group.

NOTE: The change from "Identity Management" to "Identity": In my
opinion Identity Management is an old term that implies managing people's
identity. I would suggest that Identity implies Identification which is
more relevant to what needs to be done.