[KI-LC] Workshop Concept: Kantara + LMP Fwd: European Identity & Cloud Conference 2016

Colin Wallis colin_wallis at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 9 17:55:23 CST 2015

Greetings folks
Joni, Ingo, Mike and I have been working through a response to the Kuppinger Cole folks regarding our traditional European workshop on the lead in to the European Identity and Cloud Workshop in Munich in May 2016.
We have agreement to run the Workshop and owe them a response to confirm the title and abstract.... well.. soon really..
Given the themes of the conference next year, we were heading down the IoT route .. specifically “Privacy Best Practice in IoT” since that is the primary focus right now in the Kantara IDoT DG.
Then on an unrelated call earlier today, Sal gave us his impressions of the Gartner IAM conference in Las Vegas running this week, and how Kantara's Connected Life themed WGs fitted perfectly into where  Gartner saw the space moving in the next 12 months or so.
Kantara's Connected Life theme fits nicely with KCs 'LMP' (Life Management Platform) ... and also IDESG's baseline requirement set which covers Privacy, Security, Interop and UX.
So we are on the hunt for a workshop title and abstract that essentially brings the Connected Life WGs of Kantara - IRM, CIS (with UST), UMA, UMA Dev, IDoT) and the Trust Services WGs in support.
We would love to hear your thoughts.
CheersColin
(PS: Details of the conference themes etc are below FYI)