[KI-LC] Kantara CIS - Project Proposal

Mark Lizar mark at smartspecies.com
Tue Dec 1 11:58:14 CST 2015

Thanks Joni, Sal, & Patrick,

Yes please share, but, please keep in mind that his is a work that is progress and it still not properly in scope.  The latest  thinking is turning this proposal into 3-4 phases and running this with a smaller scope on Privacy Day 1.0 - Jan 28,  2016 with a view to a much larger scope for Privacy Day 2.0 in 2017.

The proposal plan I am working towards right now is around a matched funding proposal for Privacy Day 1.0, that is primarily research on corporate practices vs. legally required consent based preferences in the first campaign.  The aim is to show capacity and scalability, then, with this in hand, produce a  larger Pilot proposal that is potentially inclusive of the WG efforts in Kantara, as well as including parties external to Kantara. (like the UN Special Rapporteur for Privacy) I think the idea of starting with a Kantara specific 1.0 is most appealing.  I think many of the WG here have projects that can conceivable be placed in a single landscape.   Ideally, from my perspective, a community roadmap for collaboration would provide a shared vision and provide the support needed to turn a campaign into some that is really usable.

That being said.  I am working through all of this now and I am hesitant to put this project at the whim of other efforts.   So  for all intensive purposes  I looking to the LC to assist in developing the vision of the long term project  if this is the direction this goes in.  As this is a lot to ask up front, my plan is to make a proposal and find sponsorship for Phase 1 first, and to create a starting point on Privacy Day 1.0 for project and work efforts to get involved from.

Hope this brings more clarity.  But, of course interest from Prof Joe Cannataci would greatly help progress this effort.  Please keep me apprised of any feed back and thoughts and I will endeavour to include this feed back in any proposal I am developing.

Kind Regards,

Mark