[KI-LC] Work Group Activity, Administration and Restructuring

Joni Brennan joni at kantarainitiative.org
Thu Sep 25 04:33:35 CDT 2014

Great comments Colin! Thanks for sharing.

I like the forums thought very much. It could be just the right layer of
organization to show the "natural" connections between sets of groups. If
there were some groups who wanted to merge from that point we could handle
those cases.

Yes AIM is in motion to close... I think that AIMs work could find a good
re-home in IRM. (Suggestion)

I pinged Nat a week or so back to ask about Japan group. I believe he's
following up where they might represent an IAF Profile and Japanese
translation.

Hopping to flight now. Looking fwd to thought of the rest of LC.

On Thursday, September 25, 2014, Colin Wallis <colin_wallis at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>  From the LC agenda:
>
> <<B.  Resume and progress the notion of work groups coalescing around a
> small number (3 or 4) key themes.
>
> <<C. LC needs to look at the working groups and find where there is
> synergy and where there can be collaboration, and evaluate the
> meaningfulness of the various existing WGs. Call to action with a mandatory
> off cycle call. Discuss letter sent out by Pete and Sal.'

> OK, so I support the rationale, having seen the dynamics at play between
> IdoT, UMA and CIS at at the Kantara Workshop in Utrecht.
>

> So what do we call these themes??
>
> Maybe 'themes' is OK, or alternatively a word like 'forum'..
>
> ..and the WGs coalesce under a 'theme' or 'Forum' ...
>
> Yeaup, I get that..
>

> I've heard Joni use the expression 'Connected Life' - I like it. So maybe
> one of the 'themes'/'forums' could be called that..
>

> We have IRM formed, and AIM shutting down.  Not sure about Japan and some
> of the groups that don't meet so often..
>

> We have our meaty 'Programs' - Assurance and (to a  lesser extent
> recently) Interoperability, tho' I hear that there are some interesting new
> things afoot with Interop. So bringing the Programs under one umbrella
> might make sense.
>

> So what might the new shape look like?
>

> Existing Groups (have I missed any?)
>

>    - Attributes In Motion WG
>    - Business Cases for Trusted Federations DG
>    - Cloud Identity and Security Best Practices WG
>    - eGovernment WG
>    - Federation Interoperability WG
>    - Health Identity Assurance WG
>    - Identities of Things DG
>    - Identity Assurance WG
>    - Identity Relationship Management WG -
>    - Information Sharing WG
>    - Japan WG - is it still going?
>    - Trust Framework Meta Model WG - a possible sub of IAWG?
>    - User Managed Access WG
>

> How might they coalesce under a theme/forum?  A starter for ten..
>

> Trust Framework Forum
>

>    - Identity Assurance
>    - Federation Interoperability
>    - Health Identity Assurance
>    - eGovernment
>    - Trust Framework Meta Model
>    - Business Cases for Trusted Federations
>    - Cloud Id and Sec (could be in either forum)
>    - Japan WG (could be in either forum)
>

> Connected Life Forum
>

>    - UMA
>    - Consent & Information Sharing
>    - Identities of Things
>

>    - Identity Relationship Management
>

> Thing is, you could slice and dice this a number of ways.....
>
> The above feels too coarse grained..
>
> Maybe there is a better 3 or 4 way split..
>

> Anyway, flame away folks.. :-)
>

> Cheers
>
> Colin
>
> ------------------------------
> From: ppalmer at medallies.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','ppalmer at medallies.com');>
> To: lc at kantarainitiative.org
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','lc at kantarainitiative.org');>
> Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 16:00:05 -0400
> [...]

Best Regards,

Joni Brennan
Kantara Initiative | Executive Director
voice:+1 732-266-8994
email: joni @ kantarainitiative.org

Connecting Identity for a more trustworthy Internet - Overview
<http://www.slideshare.net/kantarainitiative/kantara-overview2014-37969351>