[KI-LC] Work Group Activity, Administration and Restructuring

Colin Wallis colin_wallis at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 25 04:07:37 CDT 2014

>From the LC agenda:<<B.  Resume and progress the notion of work groups coalescing around a small number (3 or 4) key themes.<<C. LC needs to look at the working groups and find where there is synergy and where there can be collaboration, and evaluate the meaningfulness of the various existing WGs. Call to action with a mandatory off cycle call. Discuss letter sent out by Pete and Sal.'...................................................................................................................................................OK, so I support the rationale, having seen the dynamics at play between IdoT, UMA and CIS at at the Kantara Workshop in Utrecht.
So what do we call these themes?? Maybe 'themes' is OK, or alternatively a word like 'forum'....and the WGs coalesce under a 'theme' or 'Forum' ... Yeaup, I get that.. I've heard Joni use the expression 'Connected Life' - I like it. So maybe one of the 'themes'/'forums' could be called that..
We have IRM formed, and AIM shutting down.  Not sure about Japan and some of the groups that don't meet so often..
We have our meaty 'Programs' - Assurance and (to a  lesser extent recently) Interoperability, tho' I hear that there are some interesting new things afoot with Interop. So bringing the Programs under one umbrella might make sense.
So what might the new shape look like? Existing Groups (have I missed any?)
Attributes In Motion WGBusiness Cases for Trusted Federations DGCloud Identity and Security Best Practices WGeGovernment WGFederation Interoperability WGHealth Identity Assurance WGIdentities of Things DGIdentity Assurance WGIdentity Relationship Management WG - Information Sharing WGJapan WG - is it still going?Trust Framework Meta Model WG - a possible sub of IAWG?User Managed Access WG How might they coalesce under a theme/forum?  A starter for ten..  Trust Framework Forum Identity AssuranceFederation InteroperabilityHealth Identity AssuranceeGovernmentTrust Framework Meta ModelBusiness Cases for Trusted FederationsCloud Id and Sec (could be in either forum)Japan WG (could be in either forum)  Connected Life Forum UMAConsent & Information SharingIdentities of ThingsIdentity Relationship Management Thing is, you could slice and dice this a number of ways..... The above feels too coarse grained..Maybe there is a better 3 or 4 way split..
Anyway, flame away folks.. :-)
CheersColin