[KI-LC] Heads-up on an interesting question

Salvatore D'Agostino sal at idmachines.com
Wed Oct 2 20:25:59 CDT 2013

Not a lawyer.

Did I say I am not a lawyer?

Seems like a normal outcome for Kantara given its policy and this was
handled exactly right.

The IPR is one of the things that makes Kantara interesting and seems likely
people have gone down this route before.  I don't think this should change.
The downside is that companies avoid or decline participation.  I guess
individuals can participate on their own though not sure this addresses any
of the issues here.   Same thing for NSTIC/IDESG I believe?

Clearly the right thing to stay clear of any IP and that means even reading
or noting it.

Stay the course IMO.