[KI-LC] IAWG Call For Participation

Andrew Hughes andrewhughes3000 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 11:48:18 CDT 2013

Hello all - a sub-group of the IAWG is being formed to work with the
Resilient Trust Network (a Round 1 NSTIC Pilot Grant awardee) to develop
assessment criteria in support of the RTN.

The sub-group is seeking participants from the Trust Framework, Assurance,
Assessor, CSP, IdP and RP domains to assist the lead, Patricia Hammar, with
your expertise during the Phase 1 mapping exercise. Phase 1 is anticipated
to occur over the next few weeks. Following Phase 1, a decision will be
made about how to proceed with Phase 2 - creating/adjusting assessment
criteria.

Patricia's synopsis of the work group focus is here:

> The working group has a project with Resilient Trust Network (RTN) to
> create assessment criteria that can support the evaluation of the RTN.
>  Phase 1 of this project is to create a map between the Identity Assurance
> Framework (IAF) of Kantara and the RTN infrastructure.  This will include
> evaluating the Common Organizational Service Assessment Criteria and the
> Operational Service Assessment Criteria at all four assurance levels
> against the capabilities of the RTN infrastructure.  There is an
> expectation that some of the assessment elements will map directly, others
> may simply not exist, but some will be implemented through the RTN
> infrastructure through means not anticipated in the IAF.  These elements
> will be the primary focus of Phase 1 to describe the similarities and
> distinctions between the assessment criteria and the proposed
> implementation.

IAWG has requested an overview of the RTN project in the near future, to be
scheduled.

Please reply to me (AndrewHughes3000 at gmail.com) to indicate your interest
or possible interest, so that we can get this sub-group rolling as soon as
possible.

thank you
andrew.

*Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP