[KI-LC] increasing participation and succession planning

Heather Flanagan heather at kantarainitiative.org
Wed May 29 19:30:19 CDT 2013

Hello all,

It seems many of the WGs and DGs of Kantara suffer a similar problem of
resource constraints.  Goodness knows there is an Olympus Mons-amount[1]
of work to be done in the trust and identity space and not enough time
in the day to get it all done.   Especially as there is so much to do
back at the day job!  But what about considering a mentoring role within
your own company, one that could reasonably bring new participants in to
Kantara?  Not only would some of this body of work get done, we would
have a new generation working on it, and you would have more minds
helping train your mentee/intern/successors.

Most of the WGs (and the LC, I might add) need secretaries, an appointed
not elected role.  This could be perfect for a new person learning about
this space and put them in a unique role to bring new insight in to an
area.  Do any of your organizations have mentorship or intern programs?
Do you think such a program might be extended to include participation
in Kantara?

Something to think about and discuss on our next LC call.

-Heather

[1] Olympus Mons: highest mountain in the solar system, found on Mars

--
Heather Flanagan
Technical Program Coordinator
email: heather at kantarainitiative.org