[KI-LC] Planning the next Kantara Plenary (Full) Meeting

Ingo.Friese at telekom.de Ingo.Friese at telekom.de
Fri Jun 7 04:12:21 CDT 2013

Hi Joni,

See my answers in the mail.

Ingo

From: lc-bounces at kantarainitiative.org [mailto:lc-bounces at kantarainitiative.org] On Behalf Of Joni Brennan
Sent: Donnerstag, 6. Juni 2013 21:38
To: LC at kantarainitiative.org
Subject: [KI-LC] Planning the next Kantara Plenary (Full) Meeting

Dear Leadership Council,
On yesterday's LC call we discussed the next Kantara full organizational meeting.  We've not had one in a while (the last one was cancelled due to hurricane!) and we're looking forward to bringing all the groups together. I've put some recommendations below and am interested in hearing yours.  Please also note that it's up to the LC to plan the location and date for the next meeting.  From there staff can plan etc.  So where and when would you like to meet?

The Event Radar page was used to bring some early thoughts below.
1. October - Kantara already has a workshop under planning for the Smart Card Alliance event in Washington DC.
2. October - The ForgeRock Community Identity Summit in London may provide god convergence point (but clashes with IIW)
3. November - IETF in Vancouver Canada may also provide good convergence. INGO:(my preference)
4. Other suggestions? INGO: . PII 2013 September in Seattle would be another possibility

------------ Brief Straw Poll ------------

Given the above, which do you prefer:
___ October (noting it's a busy month but we can co-locate)
__X_ November
_____ specific dates suggested?

Which do you prefer:
___ Europe
_X__ North America
More specific:
___ Washington DC
___ London
__X_ Vancouver
___________ Other (indicate)

Would your organization have offices that could host an event?
___ Yes
_X__  No INGO: (single workgroup meeting yes - whole plenary rather not)