[KI-LC] Planning the next Kantara Plenary (Full) Meeting

Salvatore D'Agostino sal at idmachines.com
Thu Jun 6 17:10:06 CDT 2013

From: lc-bounces at kantarainitiative.org
[mailto:lc-bounces at kantarainitiative.org] On Behalf Of Joni Brennan
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 3:38 PM
To: LC at kantarainitiative.org
Subject: [KI-LC] Planning the next Kantara Plenary (Full) Meeting

Dear Leadership Council,

On yesterday's LC call we discussed the next Kantara full organizational
meeting.  We've not had one in a while (the last one was cancelled due to
hurricane!) and we're looking forward to bringing all the groups together.
I've put some recommendations below and am interested in hearing yours.
Please also note that it's up to the LC to plan the location and date for
the next meeting.  From there staff can plan etc.  So where and when would
you like to meet?

The Event Radar page was used to bring some early thoughts below.
1. October - Kantara already has a workshop under planning for the Smart
Card Alliance event in Washington DC.

2. October - The ForgeRock Community Identity Summit in London may provide
god convergence point (but clashes with IIW)

3. November - IETF in Vancouver Canada may also provide good convergence.

4. Other suggestions?

------------ Brief Straw Poll ------------

Given the above, which do you prefer:
_x__ October (noting it's a busy month but we can co-locate)

___ November

___________ specific dates suggested?

Which do you prefer:

___ Europe

_x__ North America

More specific:

__x_ Washington DC

___ London

___ Vancouver

__x___Cambridge/NSTIC related______ Other (indicate)

Would your organization have offices that could host an event?

___ Yes

_x__  No

__How many people?_________ Where?