[KI-LC] Congratulations! - Re: Identity of Things Discussion Group Approved

Ingo.Friese at telekom.de Ingo.Friese at telekom.de
Tue Jun 4 09:29:50 CDT 2013

Hi Joni,

Find attached a draft for a "call for participation".  Thank you (and Oliver) for configuring web space. But when I click ->work groups-> IDoT the I see some eGov Text. This should be the first two paragraphs of our charter instead.
Then we can send out the call. Can't we?

Best Ingo

Kantara initiative founded a new discussion group "Identities of things" (IDoT DG) addressing the handling of identities of things (IDoT), goods and objects.

Why do we need this group?

Internet of Things (IoT) and also machine-to-machine (M2M) communication is beginning to evolve and early solutions are now being implemented.
In this context, some Object Identities are managed with proprietary solutions or niche standards that have not been mapped to each other nor interoperate. As a consequence, there is no overall framework how to manage identities across different solutions.
The purpose of or discussion group is to start the evolution of an overarching Identity Framework for Object identities and IoT.

Are you interested?

If you are interested in participation you are welcome to write to:
Joni at kantarainitiative.org<mailto:Joni at kantarainitiative.org>
Or
Ingo.Friese at telekom.de<mailto:Ingo.Friese at telekom.de>