[KI-LC] Definition of Subscriber and other By Law changes

Heather Flanagan heather at kantarainitiative.org
Wed Jan 30 18:35:46 EST 2013

The current definition of Subscribers in our By Laws:
“*Subscriber*” means any entity that has completed the necessary
application forms, satisfied the objective subscriber criteria for the
Organization, executed a copy of the Member Agreement (with Subscriber
selected), and paid the appropriate Subscriber Fee as established by the
Board of Trustees.  A Subscriber may be an individual, corporation,
partnership, joint venture, trust, limited liability company, business
association, governmental entity or other entity.  Subscribers are
typically those entities that are Certification and Assurance Programs
stakeholders.

(note that no mention of Subscribers is made in our OP)

I don't suggest a change to that definition.  Based on the LC discussion
today, I do suggest a change to the definition for All Member ballot:
OLD
*“All Member Ballot” *shall mean any vote conducted by the Organization
in which all Members of the Organization in good standing shall be
eligible to cast a ballot.

NEW
*“All Member Ballot” *shall mean any vote conducted by the Organization
in which all Members and Subscribers of the Organization in good
standing shall be eligible to cast a ballot.

I also suggest a change to section 8.3 (section 8 covers participant
classification)
OLD

*8.3      **Subscribers*

A Subscriber is any entity that has completed the necessary application
[...]

Subscribers will have voting rights equivalent to that of Members and
will have additional access to Kantara Initiative resources for the
purposes of achieving certification.  Subscribers who are elected to the
Board of Trustees or a Trustee sub-committee will be required to recuse
themselves in the event of votes on certification topics.

Note that there are several other changes required in the By Laws - we
might want to get through all of them so we can limit the number of
times this has to go out to ballot.  Other changes include modifying
section 4.9 to mention the possibility of the Board having subcommittees
(note that the ARB and the IRB are not mentioned in any way in this
document).  I will work those out on a separate thread.

Reminder: link to the current By-Laws is here:
http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/GI/All+Policies

--
Heather Flanagan
Technical Program Coordinator