[KI-LC] Brainstorm - Re: 2013 Roadmap ideas topic on the LC agenda..

Joni Brennan joni at ieee-isto.org
Thu Jan 10 17:03:42 EST 2013

This is a good thread and I'd like to be sure we advance it.  Here is a
capture of 2 brainstorm ideas.

Do you
- Agree with below?
- Volunteer to join the Membership Development Committee?

Thanks for responding to above and reading on below!

1 Create "Opportunities Wiki" in LC where members can log opportunities for
appropriate review and follow on (be that via members of staff).
2 Create Membership Development Committee (envision sub-committee of BoT
and open jointly to any LC and BoT member, others by invite)
     - (with staff support) create list of prospective members
     - identify selection of prospects each will contact
     - develop materials to support prospect out reach (letter, benefits
sheet, updated FAQ)
     - sets schedule to reach to prospects
     - volunteers to directly contact prospects

To get us started, below I have also included a cut a generic recruiting
letter.  The idea is that I would send this to prospects first and then a
Board or LC rep would volunteer to contact the prospect.  Noting that you
as members actually have a stronger voice in communicating the v value of
Kantara versus I as a staff.

 Dear (include contact name),

As Executive Director of Kantara Initiative, I would like to thank you for
your support of Kantara Initiative activities. We trust that you are proud
that your contributions have helped in great measure to improve and
maintain our programs and services – services that encourage community
members to standardize and collaborate for the advancement of Identity and
Access Management infrastructure.

I am asking that you (renew/enhance) your valuable support this year
through your thoughtful consideration to become a organizational Member of
the Kantara Initiative when our Trustee, (insert) contacts you within the
next several days.  At that time (insert) will answer any questions you
might have as well as review with you the various benefits of membership
and services we provide. As a result of your membership funds you will
enable Kantara to:

-       Further develop the market for identity assurance

-       Create educational materials for Identity Ecosystem actors to adopt
trust models

-       Further develop the Kantara Trust Registry

-       Facilitate and Host Workshops

-       Support Infrastructure to continue to enable work like Program
Management and collaboration tools.

Since you already participate in Kantara Work and Discussion Groups you are
aware that the excellent quality and high standards of our indicatives and
support are inherently expensive.  This is why our Trustees and Leadership
Council have established a new Membership and Volunteer committee. We must
continue to maintain and preserve high level of service and we can meet our
shared objectives with your membership as essential to our shared success.

Therefore our Membership campaign is designed to reach an established
number of our special friends, who, we trust, will respond generously as we
are respectfully suggesting. Please welcome (insert) when they call to ask
for your (continued/new) membership.  We greatly appreciate your time and
efforts!

Thank you very much!