[KI-LC] Invitation to the ISWG's Hack The Label virtual Hackathon

Joe Andrieu joe at switchbook.com
Mon Feb 18 02:21:29 EST 2013

Fellow Kantara Leaders,

Please join us for a virtual hackathon next Saturday February 23rd to
help develop the Standard Information Sharing Label.

As you may know, the Standard Label is an easy way for people to
understand what websites do with our personal data. It's like a USDA
Nutrition Facts Label for information we share online.

We have an initial design, a draft specification, and an early alpha of
a browser plugin. It's about as open as we can make it: open source,
open data, open process
at [1]http://informationsharingworkgroup.org (ISWG)

Iain Henderson and I co-chair the ISWG and we'll be hosting a virtual
hackathon organized via IRC, skype, and an online collaborative agenda
at [2]http://standardlabel.org/opendataday.html

Iain is in Scotland, I'm here in Santa Barbara, California. We'll be
scheduling online time throughout the day based on who shows up and
what people want to work on.

Please visit the website and RSVP if you can join us. Feel free to
email if you have any questions.

I look forward to seeing you.

-j

--