[KI-LC] Tangent Topic - Coursera ..the Education credits initiative I was trying to think of (Re: Intern for Kantara)

Eve Maler eve at xmlgrrl.com
Thu Aug 1 16:32:45 CDT 2013

Coursera as an RP (or even an IdP spanning multiple university affiliations?) is interesting. I was talking with Susan Morrow recently about Coursera; she had been taking some courses there for fun, and decided to sign up for the certification flow to see what the identity proofing/authentication situation was like. It was interesting: They do keystroke dynamics to strongly authenticate the person taking the course, and have you hold up a picture ID next to your head on a webcam. I'm guessing they're not going through with expensive proofing at that juncture, just recording them for later. (With my day-job hat on, I'm intending to reach out to them for an interview.)

	Eve