[KI-LC] Next week's LC-Strategy call

Patrick Curry patrick.curry at clarionidentity.com
Thu Sep 13 08:24:47 EDT 2012

Heather,
Please can we add
- High Assurance PKI Federation outside USA/FICAM
- European/UK situation
- Non-Person Entities - Device, Organisation and Software.  Implications of new ID standards and the need for certification/assurance against them.
- Geo-authentication and trusted location services - UPRN (Unique Property Reference No) and LEI (Legal Entity Identifier).  LEI is mandated by the G20 for the finance sector.

Also, please could someone provide or forward a NSTIC status report, if there is one.

I have just joined the IDESG International Coord WG and have asked a bunch of questions, which I share in case anyone else is interested:
"I am very interested to understand:
The scope, objectives and tasks given to the WG by NSTIC and FICAM
The context within which the WG needs to operate from the national, international, policy, technical etc perspectives
The primary collaborative groups of non-government stakeholders and their involvement
Which organisations are contributing to the NSTIC effort and this particular WG, and who needs to contribute but aren't yet.
Where coordination is required with other collaborative bodies, particularly on standards, to ensure interoperability, re-use and compliance.
The overall NSTIC roadmap and the contribution of this WG to that roadmap, particularly for any deliverables or dependencies
How this group coordinates with FICAM's international liaison mandate, which may or may not include NSA Trusted Computing Programme and I5.
How this group coordinates with other key bodies, including US regulators, particularly for the financial sector and maybe for the telco, assuming that the NSTIC requires to reuse consumer credentials.  NACHA is another.
Pulling these together, we need to be able to answer the following within the context of NSTIC's answers to the same questions:
What are we doing and delivering?
How we are going to do that?
Who is involved internally and externally?
When we expect to deliver?
Finally, we should be very clear on the business case(s) and use cases for NSTIC as these provide the necessary focus for dealing with international policy, regulatory and legal asymmetries.  Otherwise we end up trying to boil the ocean."

Thanks,

Regards,

Patrick

Patrick Curry