[KI-LC] First draft of a revised OP

Colin Wallis colin_wallis at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 12 19:25:29 EDT 2012

OBE...Heather's put us both right...
I thought I had read the OPs correctly but obviously not - not enough morning coffee.. you too it seems (evening coffee)
Cheers
Colin W

<JB: I'm with Colin Wallis here (noting I have no vote!) that LC stays in.  The LC should elect it's own leadership, votes to Finalize Reports, <and determines if the OPs have been followed to allow for a Recommendation. I do suggest the below for clarity:

<The following actions require a Majority of eligible voting membership
<- Elections for Chair, Vice-Chair, and Secretary;
<- Acceptance of final Reports
<- Approval of Recommendations for LC initiation all-Member ballots.

<I'm in line with the rest of the comments below.  thx
 As for

> * Procedures for handling nominations to any leadership position are not
 >laid out in the OP.  Are there any categories of Members/Participants that
 >are NOT allowed to be nominated in to a position?  Should there be a minimum

> nomination period?  Can anyone submit a nomination?  Need to clarify these
> things.

I think we take what has become routine practice..
Call for nominations..minimum 1 week till close
Any member/participant of KI in any membership category can be nominated/self nominate

> Colin S further raised the question as to whether Members who were not WG or
> DG chairs could be elected to the LC.

Again, use practice so far which I believe is..
Any WG member who holds an officer position ..Chair, VC, Sec can be elected to the LC

Cheers
Colin W

LC at kantarainitiative.org