[KI-LC] First draft of a revised OP

Joni Brennan joni at ieee-isto.org
Wed Sep 12 19:17:37 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Colin Wallis <colin_wallis at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  > I believe that the line at the end of section 3.7 should be changed
> from:
> > > "The following actions require a Majority of the LC voting membership"
> > > to:
> > > The following actions require a Majority of the voting membership
> > > i.e. "LC" should not be in this section.
>
> Hmm..do you think so?
> So would we go for an all member ballot to select the LC Chair, Vice, Sec
> etc from the WG Chairs?
> The LC voting membership would not decide who amongst them would lead?

JB: I'm with Colin Wallis here (noting I have no vote!) that LC stays in.
The LC should elect it's own leadership, votes to Finalize Reports, and
determines if the OPs have been followed to allow for a Recommendation. I
do suggest the below for clarity:

The following actions require a Majority of eligible voting membership
- Elections for Chair, Vice-Chair, and Secretary;
- Acceptance of final Reports
- Approval of Recommendations for LC initiation all-Member ballots.

I'm in line with the rest of the comments below.  thx