[KI-LC] First draft of a revised OP

Colin Wallis colin_wallis at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 12 19:05:29 EDT 2012

> I believe that the line at the end of section 3.7 should be changed from:
> > "The following actions require a Majority of the LC voting membership"
> > to:
> > The following actions require a Majority of the voting membership
> > i.e. "LC" should not be in this section.

Hmm..do you think so?
So would we go for an all member ballot to select the LC Chair, Vice, Sec etc from the WG Chairs?
The LC voting membership would not decide who amongst them would lead?

As for

> * Procedures for handling nominations to any leadership position are not
 >laid out in the OP.  Are there any categories of Members/Participants that
 >are NOT allowed to be nominated in to a position?  Should there be a minimum
> nomination period?  Can anyone submit a nomination?  Need to clarify these
> things.

I think we take what has become routine practice..
Call for nominations..minimum 1 week till close
Any member/participant of KI in any membership category can be nominated/self nominate

> Colin S further raised the question as to whether Members who were not WG or
> DG chairs could be elected to the LC.

Again, use practice so far which I believe is..
Any WG member who holds an officer position ..Chair, VC, Sec can be elected to the LC

Cheers
Colin W