[KI-LC] First draft of a revised OP

Heather Flanagan heather at kantarainitiative.org
Wed Sep 12 10:52:50 EDT 2012

Hi all -

A while back we had started talking about updating the By-Laws and
Operating Procedures for Kantara.  Here is a first draft of a revised OP
(By-Laws will come out later this week).  I have turned on Track Changes
so you can quickly see what has changed.

A couple of questions were never fully answered when we were initially
discussing this a few months back:

* Procedures for handling nominations to any leadership position are not
laid out in the OP.  Are there any categories of Members/Participants
that are NOT allowed to be nominated in to a position?  Should there be
a minimum nomination period?  Can anyone submit a nomination?  Need to
clarify these things.

Colin S further raised the question as to whether Members who were not
WG or DG chairs could be elected to the LC.

Thoughts?

-Heather

--
Heather Flanagan