[KI-LC] Results of the recent polls

Heather Flanagan heather at kantarainitiative.org
Tue Sep 11 21:43:49 EDT 2012

Hi all -

Below is a summary of the various polls sent out in the last few weeks.

---

- The KI NSTIC Participation Poll: a simple report of responses and any
comments

Kantara's participation in the NSTIC Steering Group."
* 10 = Kantara should participate as a Participating Member
* 6 = Kantara should participate as a liaison organization
* 3 = Kantara should participate as an Observing Member

Note that no one said Kantara should not participate.

the NSTIC SG please indicate how:"
* 8 = participate via employer
* 4 = participate via Kantara
* 3 = participate as an individual

5 Comments:

Kantara has a lot of thought leadership on how eGov ought to work. It
would make a lot of sense for Kantara to be on the board of IESG.

8/28/2012 10:57 AM

It was obvious that other consortia and SDOs have positioned themselves
for leadership roles. I think Kantara can, and should, and recuse
themselves from decisions that could cause conflicts of interest.

8/27/2012 2:00 AM

During the Initial Period Kantara should be actively participating in
order to understand the direction NSTIC is headed. At the time of the
formal voting and start-of-work in 90ish days, Kantara will be able to
make an informed decision on how to move forward. Until then, conflict
of interest situations are unlikely to arise.

8/23/2012 10:14 AM

Trust in the identity ecosystem will not jell if participants are not
accredited to an agreed upon set of standards. Kantara needs to
participate fully in creating the framework that allows that trust to form.

8/23/2012 8:29 AM

Kantara itself simply represents the collective input of WG
participants. Those individuals probably have input to NSTIC thru their
primary employer.

8/22/2012 3:14 PM

---
> - The Oct F2F Event Poll: simple report of the numbers in preference
> and IF people said they'd host.
* October 31-November 1 = 8 people chose as their first choice, 4 as
their second, 2 as their third
* December 3-4 = 5 chose as their first choice, 5 as their second, 4 as
their third
* October 15-16 = 1 person chose as their first choice, 5 as their
second, 8 as their third

No one has indicated a willingness to host.

---
> - The Open-Stand Motion: What sayeth the LC regarding affirm to
> support Open-Stand, or not?
The motion did not reach quorum.
5 Affirmed
1 Abstain (WG could not reach consensus)
4 Did Not Respond

--
Heather Flanagan
Kantara Initiative