[KI-LC] Subscribers - Operating Procedures Update - related to ByLaws

Heather Flanagan hlflanagan at internet2.edu
Wed May 9 12:19:08 EDT 2012

Hi -

I have several questions about KI's ByLaws and Operating Procedures, and I'm afraid some of them might be appallingly ignorant questions.  But They do tie in to the question below regarding the new Subscriber class.

There appears to be more than one level of membership class, at least that's my guess when looking at the Kantara Initiative Membership Information form (http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/download/attachments/2293776/Kantara+Initiative+Membership+Info+Form.pdf).  There is a CSP Subscriber, an AA Subscriber, plus a Trustee and a Member.

So my questions are:
1) Is the new Subscriber class something different than the CSP or AA Subscriber?
2) If so, should we be defining those classes in the By-Laws and Operating Agreement also (I am not seeing them there - maybe that's just me being blind)?
3) on the Info form, it says that the two Subscriber classes are non-voting members.  If that's correct, I would think that should be made explicit in the by-laws, no?

Thanks!
Heather (working on her AI from last LC call)