[KI-LC] Attribute Management Discussion Group - Report

Heather Flanagan hlflanagan at internet2.edu
Tue May 8 14:29:01 EDT 2012

Hello all -

The Attribute Management Discussion Group was chartered in the Fall of 2011 to do the following:

The purpose of this Discussion Group is to:

    IDENTIFY: Consensus on a working definition of "Attribute" for purposes of fulfilling further bullets below.
    IDENTIFY: Kantara Initiative stakeholder requirements regarding Attribute Management.
    DISCOVER: Attribute Management activities under development both internal and external to Kantara Initiative.
    GAP ANALYSIS: Attribute Management KI stakeholder requirements compared to work under development (both internal and external to KI)
    RECOMMEND: scope of work, potential KI adoption of external works, collaboration with external organizations and/or new WG in KI to perform design phase of Attribute Management based on requirements, discovery and gap analysis.

We have completed our report, offering several recommendations in our report and a strong collection of relevant information to guide future efforts in our repository.  Our report is attached and the repository can be found in our wiki space (http://kantarainitiative.org/confluence/display/AMDG/Repository).

-Heather Flanagan, Secretary, AMDG