[KI-LC] ISWG Kickstarter & Specification

Joe Andrieu joe at switchbook.com
Fri May 4 15:15:01 EDT 2012

Howdy folks.

You may have seen the press release we sent out last week, announcing
the initial draft of the Standard Information Sharing Label and the
Kickstarter we launched to fund the next step.

The response at IIW was enthusiastic, especially from the Personal Data
Rights Language and OIX Attribute Exchange efforts. We'll be
collaborating with both of those groups and hopefully their support will
help fuel interest in the Kickstarter.

I'd appreciate any help other folks on the LC or in the organization can
give.  Check out the work so far, join us on our calls to help advance
the effort, and blog, tweet, and email your networks to spread the word.
Many thanks to Colin, Trent, and Mark for their early support! The
specification is "young" and I'd very much appreciate any input or
suggestions on how to improve it and how to get more input. One of the
big next steps is going to be adding semantics, most likely through
RDFa...

I also had a nice chat with John Fontana on Wednesday and he wrote a
nice blog post over at ZDNet.  Hopefully we can get some more coverage
like that. =)

Here are the key links to check out and, if you are so inclined, put in
your own posts and tweets:

The kickstarter (with Video) http://standardlabel.org
The work group http://informationsharingworkgroup.org
The spec