[KI-LC] DRAFT email to KI Members wrt NSTIC

Heather Flanagan heather at kantarainitiative.org
Fri Jul 20 18:36:37 EDT 2012

Hi all -

As discussed on Wednesday's call, we have an urgent need to get out an
all-member ballot regarding KI's participation in NSTIC.  I've drafted
up the language to go in to an email to all members, and will create a
survey monkey ballot shortly.  Please take a moment to review the text
(I haven't written one of these before!) and get back to me ASAP.  I
would like to send out the survey on Monday.

Thanks!

---------

Kantara Initiative Participants -

This is an All Member Ballot to determine if and how the Kantara
Initiative should join the National Strategy for Trusted Identities in
Cyberspace (NSTIC - http://www.nist.gov/nstic/) program as a member
organization.

The Kantara Initiative Board of Trustees has resolved NOT to have the
Kantara Initiative take a leadership position in the NSTIC.  Such
involvement could be considered a conflict of interest given how
Kantara's Certification and Accreditation Programs could form a part of
the NSTIC program at some future stage.

It is a possibility that many Kantara members will expect to participate
and vote in the NSTIC program through their own organizations rather
than Kantara, which further complicates Kantara's potential
participation in the NSTIC program.

This ballot asks two questions:
1 - Should the Kantara Initiative participate in the NSTIC program as a
Member Organization?
2 - If yes, what stakeholder group should the Kantara Initiative
identify with? (14 options)

A link to the Survey Monkey ballot is here: [TBD]
The ballot closes on July 27, 2012 at 23:59 UTC.

This ballot is open to all Members of the Kantara Initiative.  Decisions
will be made based on simple majority.

--
Heather Flanagan
Kantara Initiative