[KI-LC] LC telcon 18-July-2012

Colin Wallis colin_wallis at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 18 00:13:11 EDT 2012

Hi again Haven't heard back re the call time, but just to say that we have just concluded a 3.5 hour F2F BoT meeting here in Vail with some very positive outcomes. The LC should be prepared to discuss and either vote on, or undertake a electronic votes on resolutions covering: 1) Governance review, feedback and proposed changes (Operating Procedures and Bylaws) 2) Further discussion regarding NSTIC.  Board of Trustees discussed the value (or otherwise) of Kantara 'leadership role' with in NSTIC structure. The BoT decided that, for the potential conflcit of interest as a Trust Framework provider, it should not seek such a role. It would like the LC to initiate an All Member ballot to record KI membership affirmation to join NSTIC as a member. 3) Vision and Mission: Joni sent this around a few weeks back and except for a few minor word chnages, there was no negative feedback/red flag. The Board is looking for formal ratification of the new positioning from the LC, so it can move forward with other strategic and tactical initiatives that depend on it. 4) Stand by for some PR coming down the wire.... 5) BoT intends to initiate a Community call for interest in ID WSF...do we revise it, freeze it, dispose of it. OK, so I hope that gives you all a feel for the fruits of the Board's labors tonight.. and what we as the LC are up for. CheersColin        From: colin_wallis at hotmail.com