[KI-LC] Context For LC - Fwd: Call for proposals: organizational reform of the Kantara governance, bylaws, operating procedures and structures

Joni Brennan joni at ieee-isto.org
Mon Jul 9 14:21:45 EDT 2012

Hello - I would like to give LC some additional context regarding the
request for proposals which was recently sent to the community list...

This effort had it's genesis in the Munich F2F meeting.  Discussions
occurred regarding the 'state' of Kantara which considered the assumptions
made for the the organization and for the market when Kantara was formed in
2009.  It was noted that Kantara was at a 3 year anniversary and
suggestions were made that it would be a healthy exercise for the
organization to review how the operations have worked compared to how they
were envisioned at launch.

The Board of Trustees then took this discussion further and affirmed that,
as transparency is a core value of Kantara,  the organization should
actively seek input open input regarding the operations and governance of
Kantara as a due diligence effort.  The idea was that Kantara would ask for
input from communities and then the Board of Trutees would consume that
input and develop possible suggestions for change in Kantara, as
appropriate and based on the feedback received.

Thus if you saw this message and were not sure of the context, I hope the
explanation provides further details to make clear the drivers and
intention behind the request.  I would be happy to further discuss on the
next LC call should the LC seek further details.

Finally, it's an open call for feedback so if you or your organization
would like to provide input this is one opportunity to do so - for the
potential better of Kantara.

Thanks for your time and please don't hesitate to ask me if you have any
questions.

Best Regards,

=Joni

Joni Brennan
Kantara Initiative | Executive Director
voice:+1 732-226-4223
email: joni @ ieee-isto.org

Slideshare - Building Trusted Identity Ecosystems - It takes a village!
http://www.slideshare.net/kantarainitiative/kantara-may-2012