[KI-LC] Kudos and a Fond Farewell to Dervla!

Joni Brennan joni at ieee-isto.org
Fri Jul 6 12:43:27 EDT 2012

Dear Community,

Some of you may be aware that Kantara's own Dervla O'Reilly recently
submitted her resignation.  For others of you, this may be news.  I wanted
to take a moment to recognize the contributions Derlva has made to Kantara
over the years.

First, let me note that, it has been my privilege to work with Dervla for
the last ~8 years both in Kantara and previously in other incarnations.
Dervla has consistently brought the following qualities to her work
environment: consistency, eye for detail, care for quality of work, team
work, positive attitude and unending dependability.

Dervla has made sure that we've enjoyed not only well planned events but a
bit of fun too. She has consistently taken care of the details that many of
us might take for granted.  Coordinating the activities of standards and
engineering people is no easy task.  Yet Dervla has always come through
with shinning colors while making it look easy.  She's been willing to lend
a hand to any activity - even when it was not in her scope of work.
Through it all, she's cared about the success of the organization and its
people as priority one.  Given her track record of service, it should come
as no surprise that, in their last meeting, the Board of Trustees made a
special note of thanks for the efforts and services Dervla has provided
over the years!

She's been a pleasure to work with and has become a personal friend to many
of us.  Dervla, we'll all miss you at Kantara and we wish you all the best
in your future endeavors.  I'll close by noting that this is not "goodbye",
rather it's "see you later" because I'm sure we'll see you again in your
next adventures.

Please join me in raising a virtual glass and wishing a big CHEERS TO
DERVLA!

Best Regards,

=Joni

Joni Brennan
Kantara Initiative | Executive Director
voice:+1 732-226-4223
email: joni @ ieee-isto.org

Slideshare - Building Trusted Identity Ecosystems - It takes a village!
http://www.slideshare.net/kantarainitiative/kantara-may-2012