[KI-LC] Kantara Initiative's Teleconference Service Provider

Heather Flanagan hlflanagan at internet2.edu
Mon Feb 27 12:19:45 EST 2012

+1 to 1

-Heather

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dervla O'Reilly" <dervlaoreilly at me.com>
To: "LC at kantarainitiative.org Council Kantara" <LC at kantarainitiative.org>
Cc: "staff at kantarainitiative.org list" <staff at kantarainitiative.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 1:15:10 AM
Subject: [KI-LC] Kantara Initiative's Teleconference Service Provider

Hello LC,

We received your feedback regarding the current teleconference provider TurboBridge and realize this service is not the favored solution as originally anticipated.

In researching other solutions, we find there are limited options with dedicated Skype options, let alone VoIP options.

As we look at some solutions, we would like to choose an option without toll free due to higher costs, yet you can dial in using your Skype minutes. We are trying to determine if there would be any barriers for folks within your groups' participation providing the following options:

1. utilize WebEx with their integrated VoIP solution, without dedicated Skype access with toll option (could use your Skype, mobile or land line)

2. utilize WebEx with their integrated VoIP solution, without dedicated Skype access with toll free option (more cost to Kantara).

Comments:

Please provide your feedback by COB Wednesday, 29 Feb.

Cheers,
Dervla

Dervla O’Reilly
Program & Event Manager