[KI-LC] INITIAL REVIEW: Draft Marketing, Recruiting and Comms BoT Sub-Committee Charter

Joni Brennan joni at ieee-isto.org
Thu Feb 2 12:06:25 EST 2012

Hello Trustees and Leadership Council,

As you may be aware, the Trustees approved the formation of a Board of
Trustee Sub-Committee for the purpose of developing strategies and plans
toward coordinated Marketing, Membership Recruiting and Communications
activities.  This Sub-Committee is proposed to be open for participation of
Trustees, Leadership Council and Members of the Kantara Initiative.

I have attached a draft charter for the Sub-Committee.  I request input to
this charter for the purpose of improving clarity and scope as necessary.

NOTE: The LC does NOT need to approve this Draft Charter as it is NOT
toward the formation of a WG/DG.  This Sub-Committee draft charter and
operation is subject to the authority of the Board of Trustees.

The formation goals for are:
- Improve the Draft Charter - via BoT and LC input (~7 days)
- Receive and Incorporate input as necessary - Joni (~3 days)
- Request charter approval by the Board of Trustees - BoT (~14 days - via
eBallot or first appropriate quorate meeting)
- Schedule Kick-off Call (February)

Please don't hesitate to share questions or comments you may have regarding
this message.  If you are unsure of what action to take - the simple
request is: Please provide feedback to me in the next week (7 days -
preferably sooner).

Thank you in advance for your time and attention to this request.

Best Regards,

=Joni

Joni Brennan
IEEE-ISTO