[KI-LC] NSTIC Webinar debrief

Colin Wallis colin_wallis at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 2 18:31:43 EDT 2012

Thanks Colin S

Your proposed wording sounds pretty good to me.

WRT international...crikey.. Nat and I had both indicated at CIS 2012 that we could not attend Chicago in person.

Even if I got passed the absence for the first 3 days of the planned family ski week, the Department would sure want to know what they are getting out of this travel.
Right now, I am listed as an individual participating member in Interoperability.
I *could* turn that into an organization membership with some pushing of buttons up the chain of command, but I am not sure the NZ Govt gets any more benefit out of it than if I continue as an individual. In fact the opposite - their risk epxosure is reduced somewhat.
And to prove the benefit, I'd have to evidence a leadership position given that NSTIC is along way off producing something we could re-use down here. So there my nomination would be ..a non American (individual, or NZ govt NSTIC member) stacked up against Medallies, Surescripts and Intel.
I'd love to think that the Interop group would be so magnanimous ad open minded to consider those candidates on a level paying but personally I doubt it!:-)

That said, you must be curious how it will go, in the unaffiliated goup. Only yourself Colin S, is *actually* unaffiliated .... in the spirit of the word, as opposed to being unaffiliated from a stakeholder group.

Oh man, this is going to be a crazy ride.. :-)