[KI-LC] NSTIC Webinar debrief

Colin Soutar email at colinsoutar.com
Thu Aug 2 15:50:53 EDT 2012

Hi Colin -

International participation was favorably mentioned with the positive note
that representatives from UK, New Zealand, Canada, and EU were expected to
be present in Chicago.

In regards to wording of the all-member ballot, they discussed exclusions
specifically for corporations (i.e. parent, subsidiaries etc. all belong to
the same member organization, as expected), and noted that other
organizations that encompassed a broad range of interest were welcome to
join.   I think therefore that there is no need to mention anything in the
ballot regarding Kantara's potential membership and Kantara members joining
via other affiliations - it seems pretty clear that this is expected.

They did describe (very broadly) the expectations for Participant versus
Observer.

I think the ballot simply needs to ask.

Further to the previous email communication (include reference), do you
think that Kantara should join the NSTIC Steering Group as a member
organization?

Yes/No

If Yes, do you think that Kantara should be a Participating member or an
Observing member?

Participating/Observing.

Note that in the event that Kantara joins as either a Participating or an
Observing member, the Executive Director, Joni Brennan, would serve as the
Primary Organizational Representative.

Best regards,

Colin Soutar

Vice-Chair, Kanara Leadership Council