[KI-LC] NSTIC NOI - Way Forward (was) Re: Great Job, Joni!!!

Joni Brennan joni at ieee-isto.org
Wed Jun 15 17:08:39 EDT 2011

Thanks so much folks!!  I appreciate the feedback and it was certainly fun
to jump back in to the action head first ;-).  The presentation was short
but I think it was just enough of a teaser to spotlight our work and coaxed
many follow on discussions afterward.  It was a very busy couple of days!

The major item coming out is the NSTIC Notice of Inquiry (NOI) [1].

*Feedback is due to NSTIC on July 22*.  My first thought was to ask each
interested group (WG/DG) to work up a WG/DG draft response to the NOI with
in 2 week - which staff would then collate.  However I've heard from some
that we should spin up a NSTIC DG where all parties can gather to draft the
response to the NOI and perhaps as a home for further NSTIC coordination.

LC Chairs - We need to hear your thoughts on the preferred path forward.
- Centralized - Create NSTIC DG for the purpose of responding to the NOI and
perhaps further OR
- Decentralized - approach where each WG/DG crafts its own response/strategy
that staff will collate

Please let me know your thoughts within 48 hours.  If we feel this is a
better question to the community@ list we could gauge responses there as
well (I can take the action).

[1] http://www.nist.gov/nstic/nstic-frn-noi.pdf

Thanks!